Monday, June 14, 2010

Father, Son And a Trip to Yankee Stadium


What a great piece by Jeff Capellini, WCBSTV.com Senior Sports Producer in New York.
Hoping that more people will share their stories as a way to educate the public about children with autism and other special needs. For me, even more poignant when a member of the media shares his or her story.


NEW YORK ― I might have been the only person in the Bronx on Sunday who didn't do backflips when Jorge Posada crushed that grand slam against the Houston Astros.
As the ball sailed deep into a sea of humanity in right center I was instantly beamed to a place I feared I'd visit at some point during my 7-year-old son's first visit to Yankee Stadium.
It was damage control time in the world of the autistic spectrum
.

No comments:

Post a Comment