Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is Arizona Legislature Trying to Provide More Choices or Take Them Away?

Came across this column by Laurie Roberts of The Arizona Republic.

I will freely admit that there is little about the Arizona Legislature that I understand anymore.
I don't understand how our leaders can deny people life saving transplants to save $1.4 million yet consider expanding tax credits for private school tuition – tax credits which already suck $65 million a year out of the state’s general fund.
I don't understand why our leaders are obsessed with the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution yet care so little for Article 11 of the Arizona Constitution, which requires them to properly fund education.
And I really don't understand what they're doing to some of the most vulnerable among us – people with developmental disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment