Thursday, May 19, 2011

N.J. Student Athelte On Top of World


OLD TAPPAN, N.J. 00 Freshman Chris Sorreta placed fifth in the shot put at the Big North Conference Freshman Tournament May 12, with a toss of 33-2.
In doing so he finished ahead of throwers from big schools like Bergen Catholic, Demarest, Don Bosco, Hackensack and Teaneck.
"It's really great, I made it to the counties," Sorreta said. "This is my best throw of the season so far.
"My dad inspired me and Coach [Peter] Dunn has been working with me since the beginning of the season."
What makes this feat impressive is that Sorreta has Asperger syndrome, which is the mildest and highest functioning end of the Autism Spectrum.

1 comment:

  1. I was one of his classmates. Also one of his former misunderstood allies for 15 yrs

    ReplyDelete