Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet Ben: Working with Asperger's

From Lisa Jo Rudy at About.com, who opened up her blog to Ben, who is married, employed, and living with Asperger's syndrome. Ben writes a blog called Married with Aspergers, where he offers insights and suggestions for living well on the autism spectrum.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Ben and I'm a 37 year old Aspie living in Hampshire, UK. I've been working full-time in the software industry for over 14 years since realising that I could make a living from my special interest. Over that time I've discovered that I have certain strengths and weaknesses that tie in with my autism spectrum disorder. I'll describe some of the challenges I have faced over the years. Some of them I have overcome while others made me run away and hide in a corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment