Friday, January 20, 2012

Artists with Disabilities Raise Awareness

The work of eight special artists was unveiled Wednesday at the state Office of People With Developmental Disabilities, or OPWDD. The mural was five weeks in the making, a way for people like Lisa Kasper to raise awareness for people with special needs.

"I want other people to see that because I am visually impaired that I can still do art, and I can share my art with other people," says Kasper.The OPWDD program works with residents at the Institute for Community Living, an organization that provides housing and services for developmentally disabled people.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Garry Gautier has crafted an autism reversal program that can help reverse autism naturally. This has been proven to work in many cases. With this natural treatment for autism, you can recover from autism. People who had undergone these autism natural cures have better social skills than those who do not receive treatment.

    ReplyDelete