Monday, February 6, 2012

At Last, a Home of Their Own

One of the few times I will give a shout out to our organization. This group home has been in the works for about a decade. I know the individuals who will be moving in and their families. It's so important and I can't wait to join them tomorrow for moving day.

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Every parent has mixed emotions about letting their baby leave home - but these Brooklyn moms and dads are feeling it big time.
With bittersweet joy, the parents will watch their six disabled adult children move into a home of their own in Midwood on Tuesday.
“It’s difficult for me to deal with the transition but I’m happy he will be living with people that he knows,” said Park Slope parent Ruth Ford whose son Maurice, 31, is among the six adults with Down Syndrome or Asperger’s Syndrome who will move into the two-story newly-renovated house on E. 52d St.
“They love each other and they care for each other,” said Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment