Saturday, February 4, 2012

Opinion: Put a Stop to Managed Care in Kansas

First of all I need to apologize in advance for what I am about to say, but I am mad as hell. I feel like I am watching a train wreck right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do about it except help clean up after the disaster.
I dislike writing negative columns, but something has to be done about managed care. It will have the biggest impact upon people with intellectual disabilities since the Developmental Disability Reform Act of 1995, but with the opposite effect. Governor Brownback and Lt. Governor Colyer have both indicated that there is no stopping them now, the train has left the station and that we need to jump on because there is no turning back. That scares me, as it does thousands of people in Kansas with intellectual disabilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment